Saturday, October 30, 2010

Force Feeding .

That's one of the most common practices in parents. I remember my mom used to force feed me all the time even though I said I was full. I always thought she was crazy . & maybe she was.
The hypothalamus is a part of the brain in the limbic system of the fore brain. This part of the brain controls appetite as well hunger . In class we learned that as we age, we lose the sense to know when we're full. & THAT IS SO TRUE . I remember being told that the children in Africa could eat the food that I didn't eat. WELL GOOD FOR THEM MOM , I'D GLADLY SHIP OUT MY FOOD TO THEM.
Tonight I told my dad about this, & all my sister did was argue. She always argues with me WHICH GETS SO FREAKIN ANNOYING.
Anyways, I got to thinking maybe that's why some kids are so fat: because their parents feed them too much! Fat adults means they eat a lot of food, & because their appetite is so huge their perception on how much their kids should eat might be a little...off. & when kids say no when parents want them to eat more, parents criticize them. I know my parents did. They always called me ungrateful & a food waster because I was full. I never understood that concept until now. It wasn't my fault. It's theirs. I'm full ; my brain is telling me that already. But because they're losing the feelings to feel full, I get punished.
Anyways, I think I'm not going to do so good on this comp, mainly because of the biology part of the lesson. I really suck at biology. Anything science related turns me off. I MUST SELF FULFILL.
This blog entry is really bad; I can totally tell already.
I have to keep a positive attitude.
"I've never said 'why me?'. That's life. I try to keep a positive attitude. If you start feeling sorry for yourself, that's when it gets bad.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffany,
    This entry is not bad! You have applied this week's concepts to your life, and that's exactly what I ask you guys to do.
    And you'll be great on some OWLs and not so great on others. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Biology was always my weakness (hence the crazy way I try to teach it) =)

    ReplyDelete