Saturday, October 2, 2010

BLAH.

I took my 2nd AP Psych test this week. I really believed that I got an A & it turns out I got a B. The whole time that I was studying I kept thinking to myself: I'm going to ace this test. I'm going to get an A and make myself proud. To my despair, this was not the case. This reminded me about the self fulfillment idea, the idea how if you say your day is going to be bad, it will happen. Then why didn't it happen to me? Why, after all the self encouragement and motivation that I could get an A, did I get a B? Is this theory wrong then? Or is there something to do with how far you can self fulfill your own life? 
Self fulfillment is a mentality: it's all in the brain. If you think you can do it, then you will do it. Then is my mentality wrong? Is there an error in my judgement and way of thinking ? Is that why whenever I believe I can do something, it becomes the complete opposite? Maybe overconfidence can get in the way of everything, but who is to say what overconfidence is? Who is to say that we can expect too much from ourselves, that our optimism is far too great for our own good? Who makes up these rules, these opinionated ideas that control our society? I think the world should start a change by stopping this pressure to conform to society. We are in control of our perspective in life, and if someone should tell me to change it I'll give them the finger. I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Powerful ending.
    And self-fulfillment sometimes does work towards exams...but there are many confounding factors involved!

    ReplyDelete