Saturday, April 2, 2011

How are you today ?

I thought the creepiest thing that we learned was the prefrontal lobotomy. I mean, who in their right mind would want someone to hammer an ice pick into their eye to chip off a piece of their brain? People must have been pretty desperate to do a crazy thing like that. Did the doctor have proof that such a thing would work? o_o People get so gullible.
OH. I remember that we talked about xanax, and how it's the most used drugs for anxiety in the US . Funny thing is that a lot of my friends just take xanax without prescription. Many of them have lots of stress and whatnot, and they treat it like it's weed or e & they just pop it. They always look so calm & relaxed. I find it funny how the only reason it's being prescribed is because people are selling it to other people illegally.
& the therapist I used to go to used Humanistic therapy because she always asked me what I thought I should do instead of telling me what to do. It was kind of annoying at first because I wanted answers, but then I realized that this actually helped me solve things on my own instead of depending on other people to do things for me. She put me on a path, & it was up to me if I wanted to follow it or not. I think therapists should use humanistic over Freudian because Freud's way is too direct. People will constantly just go to therapists for answers instead of depending on themselves. What happens if the therapist isn't there anymore? They'd be completely helpless..

1 comment:

  1. A great way to look at humanistic...what happens when the person can't afford therapy anymore? Or if their therapist leaves. Someone who is empowered by humanistic has a way to resolve issues. Something I never thought about! Thanks, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete