Saturday, June 11, 2011

Who am I ?

Sigh. So many stereotypes..it's kind of ridiculous, and offensive to say the least. Just because we have boobs we have to support the family & do all the household chores?
So why don't we just say just because men have a penis they have to carry us on their backs everywhere we go because we're too delicate to walk on the muddy floor?
If we're so freakin' delicate, why do they make us clean the house? The chemicals will ruin the soft baby-type skin we're supposed to maintain. The sweat will ruin our makeup.
There's too many expectations for us to look beautiful & to be attractive. Honestly, guys don't think to look twice if we we're in sweatpants, hair tied, chillin with no makeup on. Drake was trippin when he wrote "Best I Ever Had Up". I know first hand. All my elementary life, I never bothered to care about what I looked like. Starting 7th grade, I realized that people wore makeup. People shaved. People cared what they looked like. & they got guys. I never had a guy like me until 8th grade. Why the difference? I got bangs. I changed from camouflage colored capris to skirts. I started wearing makeup. Finally people started to notice me. I started being called 'pretty' instead of 'gorilla'.
I don't want equal rights for women...although it'd be nice, I want to be pampered. I want my knight in shining armor, even though that's pathetic. I like being cared for (: I don't want to slave all day to support my man. I'll buy him things once in a while, but my job is to love him & comfort him; his job is to love me & provide for me. That's how it's been in my relationships.
I found it funny how commercials about doll houses say to let girls live out their dreams with the doll house. They can't be mechanics? They can't be a doctor? They have to cook and clean laundry? What is all that about?
I've always wanted to be a mechanic. I love getting dirty & working with my hands. Yet people act so damned surprise when I tell them that. Sorry I'm not your average girly girl I guess . But I'm not apologizing for who I am. I'm apologizing for the society that has made the world become blind to what people can achieve.

1 comment: